Tuesday, April 21, 2009

 

Kids update


It's not that we don't have any new pictures, but they're still trapped inside these tiny little 'disks' and so for now I'm just going to recount a couple of funny things that have happened in the past few days.

First Henry, because he makes us laugh out loud regularly.

A couple of days after Easter, Henry caught Mom chewing something suspicious in the kitchen ... "HEY! What are you eating? I SMELL you! You smell like CHOCOLATE!" This kid is in my FACE and is not going to stop the interrogation until he gets a VERY good explanation. Honestly, I've not stammered and hemmed and hawed like that maybe EVER in my life. Meanwhile, Gregg is laughing his tail off at the dining room table, no help to me whatsoever. Finally I manage to say something about how, since the Easter Bunner doesn't leave candy for adults, I had bought some chocolate for myself at the store, blah blah blah. Thankfully he let me off the hook.

Then a couple of days ago, we were finishing up at the dinner table: I was feeding Ellia some cereal and Henry was waiting patiently to see if we were going to have anything for dessert. Gregg for some reason was deep in thought about something, elbow on the table, fingers across his mouth. Henry: "Why are you doing this, daddy?" (puts his elbow on the table, his fingers across his mouth) Gregg: "Oh, I'm thinking." Henry: "About what" (pause) candy?" (Gregg and I snicker) "No, not candy." "Swinging?" "No, not swinging." I guess maybe you had to be there, because it was hilarious to us, and also very revealing. A 3-year-old has an entirely different set of concerns.

Meanwhile Ellia is enjoyable at a very different level. She's smiley and fun to observe. She's manipulating objects in her hands, watching Henry's every move, loving bath time when she can splash and kick. Mostly, though, she's just along for the ride at this point. She's got two infected ears right now, and trying to get her to swallow the medicine prescribed for her is a challenge. Most of it gets pushed right back out with her tongue. Hopefully she's getting enough that we'll see some improvement soon.

I realize pictures are probably more fun than these anecdotes, so I'll try to get more posted later in the week. Til then ... Sarah

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?